https://aka.ms/authapp – The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you log in to your accounts using two-factor authentication.
Two-factor verification lets you access your accounts more safely since passwords are easily lost, stolen, or even compromised.
Two-factor verification employs a second factor similar to your phone to make it more difficult for others to access your accounts. You can utilize the Microsoft Authenticator application in a variety of ways:
Two-factor verification. The most common verification method is where one of the elements will be your username. Once you have signed in with an account username or password, you may agree to an email or enter a verified code.
- Sign in with your phone. A variant of two-factor verification lets you sign in without needing a password using your username and mobile device by using facial recognition, fingerprints, or PIN.
- Code generation. It can be used as a code generator for another account compatible with authenticator applications.
- The authenticator is compatible with any account that utilizes two-factor authentication and the time-based one-time password (TOTP) specifications.
The company you work for may require you to download the Authenticator application to sign in and access your company’s data and documents.
Even if your username is displayed in the app, it isn’t set up as a verification method until you have completed the registration. For more details, visit the section on adding your school or work account.
How to Download Microsoft Authenticator App
- Install the latest version of the Microsoft Authenticator application based on your operating system:
- Google Android. On your Android device, visit Google Play to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Apple iOS. On your Apple iOS device, go to the App Store to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Important: If you are not currently on your mobile device, you can still get the Microsoft Authenticator application if you send yourself a download link from the Microsoft Authenticator page.
Setting up Microsoft Authenticator App on a mobile device
STEP 1: Download the Microsoft Authenticator app from Apple or Google
STEP 2: From a computer/laptop Login to aka.ms/mfasetup and sign in using your Axxxxxxx@mail.niu.edu and Password
STEP 3: You can select to remain signed in or not
STEP 4: Under “Step 1: How should we contact you”, where it says Authentication Phone, use the dropdown to choose Mobile App
STEP 5: With Mobile App selected, click the button next to “receive notifications for verification” and hit the SETUP button
STEP 6: Open the Microsoft authenticator app on your device and select work account. Your device camera will activate. Hover the camera over the QR code shown:
STEP 7: Hit Next. This will then configure the app and send you a notification. Hit allow on your device.
STEP 8: Microsoft will ask for a phone number if you lose access to your app. Supply a number and hit done.
STEP 9: You will be brought to a screen showing how your account is configured. Close the screen. You’re done!
That’s all about the How to Download Authenticator App at aka.ms/authapp. I hope you like this article, and it’s helped you a lot, but if you are suffering any problem relating to this https://aka.ms/authapp, feel free to leave a comment. We like helping everyone. Thanks